Elder Law encompasses a wide range of legal issues and disciplines, from estate planning, government benefits, incapacity planning, asset protection and care giving options. Our goal at the Law Offices of Gail M. Fisher is to help guide seniors and the people who love them through the countless legal and financial challenges that accompany growing older. To help take the confusion out of planning and to debunk the myths associated with Elder Law. We provide sound legal and compassionate counsel to address your concerns such as:
- What happens if I outlive my money?
- What strategies are available to preserve and protect my assets?
- Are there ways to leave an inheritance to my children without losing the ability to control my finances?
- If my spouse or I get sick, can we afford nursing home care?
- Am I eligible for Medicaid assistance to help pay for a nursing home stay, and if so, how can I obtain it?
- Am I eligible for Veteran’s Benefits to help assistance my to pay for caregivers?
After taking the time to get to know you, your greatest concerns, personal goal and the hope for your children and loves ones, we will tailor a comprehensive plan to meet these unique needs and concerns.
When done properly, estate planning requires that a highly trained individual lead you through one or more in-depth meetings to uncover your hopes, fears, and expectations for yourself and for those who are most important to you. This process almost always requires the preparation of several sophisticated legal documents, but those documents themselves are not ‘estate planning.’ Planning is a process, represented by a complete strategy that is properly documented and maintained by a professional who has taken the time to get to know you, and who is committed to continuing to serve you.